Thursday, September 19, 2013

Metaliteracy model

Given the time zones  (sorry, guys its 4am here [New Zealand] in the morning when you broadcast) and the fact I have been on leave, it wasn't until yesterday that I caught up with the first broadcast session.  Thanks for setting the scene so clearly, everyone.  I was a bit cynical about the whole business of metaliteracy, but seeing your models gave me a real sense of excitement.  We have been engaged so heavily in the integration of information literacy into the curriculum in the past few years, yet at the same time I always felt that all the definitions information literacy were really missing something.  It was so great to see your model and to see that IL was at the heart of that model BUT that it included all those other literacies which are so necessary now days.  I love the focus on collaboration and connected-ness.
I found the idea of the badges sort of twee, but it is clear from those who were using them that they helped with engagement and motivation.  Be interested to hear if that is the same across all age groups.
Really looking forward to the rest of the course.

No comments:

Post a Comment